500g fettuccine noodles (use GF version to make recipe GF)
350g extra firm tofu (drained, not pressed)
1 cup plant based milk
juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1.5 tsp dehydrated parsley
1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper
very small pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp garlic powder
3 large garlic cloves
1 small yellow onion (diced)
4 cups packed spinach
227g (1 package) sliced cremini mushrooms
1.5 tbsp fresh chopped basil
– In a food processor, combine tofu, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, parsley, salt/pepper, nutmeg, and garlic powder. Blend until smooth.
– Cook pasta according to directions on package.
– In a large non stick pan, sauté garlic and onion on medium/high heat, until onions just become translucent. Then add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they start to release water. Then add spinach, and fresh basil. Cook until spinach has become wilted.
– Add the “cheese” mixture to the vegetables and combine. Keep warm on low heat and cover for 10 minutes to let flavours marinate. Then mix in your pasta.
– Serve with extra black pepper and fresh basil!